The system of storing surplus energy from photovoltaic panels into hydrogen in the ÚJV Řež area consists of a photovoltaic power plant, PEM (hydrogen - electricity), a compressed hydrogen storage tank, a PEM fuel cell (hydrogen - electricity) and a connection to the distribution network.
Scheme of interconnection of photovoltaic panels and hydrogen storage system:
- For small, medium and large businesses that need a backup power supply;
- Suitable for applications without access to electricity and natural gas;
- For all who want to run buildings, island-mode businesses (independent of the power grid);
- For all who want to use and stabilize renewable energy more efficiently;
- For all who need an ecological source of high purity hydrogen;
- For all who want to produce heat and electricity based on micro/cogeneration units with high efficiency (suitable for households, residential buildings or commercial buildings and businesses).
Benefits of the system or individual components:
- Flexible and efficient heat and power generation from hydrogen / natural gas based on micro-cogeneration / cogeneration units;
- Low-emission equipment leads to the local improvement of air quality (reduction of emissions, dust, and noise);
- Reducing the cost of the primary energy source;
- Long-term storage of energy;
- Backup system in the event of a power failure;
- In the case of an “island system”, it is independent of the distribution grid;
- The possibility to co-finance the project from public sources