RENEWABLE ENERGY SOURCES
The ÚJV Řež, a. s. Nuclear Safety and Reliability Division is also engaged in the field of renewable energy sources, with emphasis on the efficiency of their use and incorporation into the network.
Renewable sources have recently been experiencing considerable development. Some alternatives, however, are not used at a sufficiently efficient level. This involves, for example, the use of hydrocarbon gases for combined electricity and heat generation by means of high-temperature fuel elements as well as other alternatives. The incorporation of alternative sources into the network mostly requires increased attention with regard to the stability of networks.
- In the field of renewable energy sources, ÚJV Řež, a. s. primarily offers the following activities:
- Designs of systems for high-efficient combined electricity and heat generation from biogases or pyrolysis gases (biogases from waste water treatment plants, dump sites, biogas stations) based on high-temperature fuel elements;
- Designs of systems for conditioning gases and separating hydrogen from the mixture of synthesis gases;
- Expertise in the field of the use of concentrated solar power plants as sources of high-potential heat for high-temperature water electrolysis;
- Expertise in the field of designing energy storage systems (power stabilisation – hybridisation, etc.).