A number of tasks involving both legislation and the operational needs of such installations must be addressed during the operation of nuclear power plants.
From the legislative perspective, these involve the evidence of nuclear safety in the commissioning of nuclear power plants and in extending their lifetime as well as in analyses required by law in reconstructions, in changes of operating conditions, or other changes.
From the operational perspective, these involve a number of support activities for the monitoring and checking of operating parameters, evaluation of deviations, improvement of quality and efficiency of operating, inspection, maintenance activities, etc.
- The practical application of these requirements is primarily given by:
- Continuous monitoring of nuclear and technical safety (supervision, inspections, tests);
- Deterministic nuclear safety assessments (safety reports);
- Probabilistic nuclear safety assessments (known as "Living PSA" and its applications – e.g. Safety Monitor).
- The basic fields in which we provide professional services are as follows:
- Efficiency improvement;
- Evaluation of the operation;
- Equipment maintenance;
- Equipment qualification;
- Fuel cycle;
- Engineering support of modifications.